Conveniently Located to Serve Dallas, Fort Worth, and the entire State of Texas
While most people do not experience headaches as a severely debilitating issue, some people suffer from chronic headaches that occur almost every day. This constant source of pain can make it difficult to focus and to perform daily activities, causing a noticeable decrease in one’s quality of life. If you are suffering from chronic headaches in Dallas, it may be time to consider treatment from acclaimed neurosurgeon Dr. Nader Pouratian.
People who suffer from chronic headaches suffer from a minimum of 15 headaches per month for a period of three months or more. True chronic headaches are not caused by another condition. In fact, there is no identifiable cause of true chronic headaches, though research is still being done to determine a cause for the issue.
While most headaches are not related to an underlying cause, some people may suffer from headaches as a side effect of another condition. These conditions include:
- Brain tumors
- Traumatic brain injury
- Meningitis and other infections
- inflammation of the blood vessels
I had brain surgery 9/2011. Due to over tightening of the halo device (by a different neurosurgeon), I had chronic persistent headaches. I saw over 200 doctors, including the Mayo Clinic, and I was told I would have to live in pain the rest of my life. I had so many misdiagnosis from others that I had almost given up.
Its only took 1 appointment with Dr. Pouratian to identify the issue, and a possible resolution. He laid out all of the risks. I proceeded with the removal of 2 neuromas on the left side of my scalp in July and I had instant improvement (that day). The remaining 2 neuromas were removed in September.
Dr. Pouratian and his staff are amazing! They are prompt, responsive, they do active follow-up, and they really care about their patients. I think he is the best Dr I have ever seen! He has saved my life and given me hope for the first time in years.
– Self-verified patient of Dr. Pouratian
Types of Chronic Headaches
There are two types of chronic headaches, short-lasting and long-lasting. Long lasting headaches typically last for over four hours. There are also different types of long-lasting headaches that produce different sets of symptoms.
- Chronic tension-type headaches – These headaches produce mild to moderate pain. Most people describe the pain as a throbbing pressure in the head. These types of chronic headaches tend to produce pain in both sides of the head.
- New daily persistent headaches – These headaches tend to come on suddenly. They most commonly occur in people who do not have a history of headaches. New daily persistent headaches typically become a constant issue about three days after the initial headache.
- Hemicrania continua – This type of chronic headache produces continuous pain with no periods of relief. The pain produced by these headaches is moderate with brief spikes of intense pain and they can eventually produce symptoms similar to a migraine. Hemicrania continua can also cause eye tearing and redness, nasal congestion, and restlessness.
Treatment Options for Chronic Headaches:
Price of Treatment for Chronic Headaches
The cost of your chronic headache treatment will depend on the type of techniques required to address your condition. These techniques will be chosen during your initial appointment.
Set Up your Consultation
The best way to find out more about treatment options for chronic headaches in Dallas in by contacting the office of Dr. Nader Pouratian. Schedule your informative consultation today.